Monday, October 19, 2015

Focus

I've been trading "I'm so exhausted" for "I'm so thankful" and then finding something to be thankful for. And I feel better overall, mentally and emotionally.

On Saturday I realized I could use this technique for my negative self-talk scripts, which are as follows:

I'm annoying.
I'm so fat.
I'm ugly.
I'm someone that others just endure being around.
I'm useless onaccounta fibromyalgia.
I'm a horrible mom.
I'm a crappy wife.
I'm a terrible housekeeper.
I'm not trendy.

What a complete mental shift it would be to replace those thoughts with gratitude.

I'm thankful for my loved ones.
I'm thankful for the skin I'm in.
I'm thankful for my beautiful hair.
I'm thankful for those I come into contact with.
I'm thankful for my sit-down projects.
I'm thankful for my children.
I'm thankful for my husband.
I'm thankful for my home.
I'm thankful for my friends.

The majority of that list shifts my focus from me to those around me. So that's happy.