Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Word.

2013 will be the year of giving. I just want to try to give a lot. Stuff, time, love. I've received so much. I want to give back.

This will also be the year of blogging, and specifically, blogging without rules. I like blogging, and I don't want to give it up, but I tend to impose dumb rules on myself that make me stop blogging. Rules like it has to make sense, or reach some nebulous target audience, or have a good hook, a conflict, development, despair, self-revelation, a choice, a climax, and a feel-good conclusion. Bleh.

Also, I am releasing myself from 2012's rule of not blogging about unfinished projects. Meh on that rule.

This being Christmas, I will end with something Christmasy:

The people who walk in darkness have seen a great light.

Christmas is a hard day for a lot of us. We end up feeling hopeless and we lose our Christmas spirit. But it is because of that dispirited hopelessness that we *have* Christmas. We walk in darkness. We need the Great Light. And He came. And He gave. And we are saved to hope.

That's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown.