Saturday, November 10, 2012

Bless You!

First of all, I just have to say that it's so nifty that my phone can be a flashlight.

It's the middle of the night and I'm wide awake. Thinking about all the ways God has blessed us. Thought I'd share.

1) We were given a new mattress yesterday. It's a king-sized pillow-top mattress, and it's cushy and comfortable and not bouncy, so we can toss and turn without disturbing each other as much. We did nothing to deserve a new mattress, or our sleep studies, or the CPAP Jeff will finally be prescribed after so many years of untreated apnea, or whatever prescription I will get after my sleep study that will help me sleep better. But God has decided to bless us anyway. I said to Jeff, "God must have kingdom work coming up for us that requires us to get a good night's sleep." Which I'm sure is probably true. But beyond that, God just loves to bless His children.

2) Jeff's job. Huge blessing.

3) It's a blessing that our landlord decided not to renew our lease but begin renting to us month-to-month, two weeks before Jeff got a new job out of state.

4) We were so sad to leave our community, and we kept hoping work would turn up here, but when work turned up somewhere else, God blessed us by allowing our landlord to decide to sell our property, effectively shutting the door on our life here and propelling us northward. I love the blessing of clear direction.

5) Speaking of clear direction, I don't know the specifics of this next blessing yet, but I am very thankful for the new home God is going to bless us with. We are certain He is navigating us toward a specific property, and we know this because every property we've pursued thus far has basically had a sign in the yard that says, "No, Jeff and Becky. Not this one." I'm thankful for the blessing of the Obvious No which indicates that there will be an Obvious Yes.

6) Not only did God drop a job into Jeff's lap and close the door on housing here, but He got Rosy pregnant and gave us eight puppies to provide us with moving money. So amazing.

7) Not only did He provide us with eight puppies, but when it was time to sell them, the first seven sold within 36 hours. Miraculous.

8) Jeana. Words fail. But I sure wish they didn't because I could have an entire blog full of posts about the blessing this dear friend is to me. Could I with ink the ocean fill and were the skies of parchment made. I asked God last night to help me figure out a way to thank her in her love language, but so far, everything seems paltry. I'm still pondering this.

9) A month of free storage included in our moving truck rental. Bonus.

10) Also, I have been blessed with really great hair.

11) All of the folks who have helped and will help with this move. Hal, Betty, Geary, Jeana, Noah, Toby, Miles, Carrie, Kara, Ralph, Bob, Peter, Seth, Celia, Edward, Alistair, Oscar, Samantha, Zeke, Zay and Karolyn. This has been our smoothest move ever, and it's thanks to these folks.

12) I just love the way God uses His children to bless others. And I love the fact that we are each rivers, not dead seas. Blessings do not just flow into us. They flow out from us. What a gift from God to be able to pass on blessing to others. We're blessed to bless again. I'm thankful for the blessing of knowing these blessings will enable me to bless others.

"Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless His holy name!" ~Psalm 103:1