Sunday, December 25, 2011

2011 in Pictures

January


We found the grapevine. We are mighty blackberry conquerors.


Our seasonal pond at its fullest.


James wishing for snow.

February


Snow, snow, snow, snow, SNOW!


Fresh from a snowball fight.


Jonathan was his classroom's Student of the Month. Congratulations, Jonathan!


I was privileged to lead worship at my church's women's retreat.

March


We so much loved having my brother and his family for a visit.


James was his classroom's Student of the Month as well. So proud of my boys!


Yay! My new nephew!

April


Spring! Finally. Seemed like it was a little late this year.


A visit from my cousin and her twin munchkins...


...and my other cousin, who moved very far away a couple of months later. We miss her.

May


Baseball season! Babe Ruth, Jr. here.


Hey, batter, batter, swing!

June


Jeff spent six days in the hospital at the beginning of the month. Cellulitis.


We celebrated the first day of summer in style.


We enjoyed the fire pit on summer evenings.


Rosy and Huck got their daily exercise.


I enjoyed Multnomah Falls on my way home from visiting my brother and his family.

July


The zoo! We heart the zoo.


James and his grandpa on the 4th of July.


Here's Jeff recovering from his liver biopsy.

August


We got a new furnace! The first time we've ever had central A/C.


My old cat, Jack, had a tumor and two toes removed. He's on his last legs.


Church campout! Fun times.


James turned ten at the church campout this year.


We got to go to a local theme park with Jeff's family.


Here we are watching the kids enjoy the park's attractions.


We did a fair bit of meandering.


It was a good, fun, tiring day.


My sister and her girls came for a week, and James and Jonathan had a lot of fun with their cousins.


Jeff and I braided our hair for our family fantasy football draft. The braids turned out better than the draft.

September


We went to Idaho over Labor Day weekend to help my mom pack and retrieve the piano I just inherited, and we enlisted the help of my brother, who is an expert piano mover.


Jeff finished double loft beds for the boys in time for the start of the school year.


They felt right at home.


We enjoyed another visit from my cousin and her twins during her school break.


Mt. Jefferson from my airplane window as I flew back to Idaho to help move my mom to Washington.


Jonathan turned eight at the end of September. He's the oldest kid in his class. By one day.

October


We got to help my brother and his wife celebrate their tenth anniversary.


And we got to watch their kids for the weekend. Everyone had tons of fun.


I got to accompany Jonathan on his class's pumpkin patch field trip.


He brought home the pumpkin decorated as a pirate. James chose the wolf design which Jeff carved for him, and I did the wheat.


For Halloween, James dressed as Sora, a character from Disney's Kingdom Hearts video game.


And Jonathan dressed as Yensid, the sorcerer from The Sorcerer's Apprentice.


My brother and his family came on Halloween, too. Yay for family!


We enjoyed trick-or-treating with them.

November


Jonathan's second grade teacher occasionally assigns family projects. We all worked together on his Thanksgiving project.

December


James and Jonathan both had big speaking parts in the church Christmas program. They're fun actors.


The ornaments in our sunny window have brought much cheer this Christmas.


Merry Christmas from our tree to yours!