Thursday, June 30, 2011

My Fav Trip Pics

Here are my favorite scenery pics from my recent trip.


This is this.


I like the sneak peak of the gorge.


This is an old building. Old for the northwest, anyway. Not old compared to, say, the real Stonehenge.


This is an old, like, giant bird bath thingy or something. Or maybe it was a fountain in the town square. It's right by the old building. I like the couple in the distance.


The gorge from the monument.


I've always loved this sign attached to the side of the railroad bridge at Multnomah Falls. It's been refinished since the last time I took a picture of it.


See? I took this shot in April 2009.


Here is a big picture of a big waterfall. I recently discovered that the width of Multnomah Creek at the tip top of the falls is wider than the width you see falling under the bridge. From way down here, it looks tiny, but when we hiked to the top, we saw how wide it actually was. Point being... that's a long way up.


I heart moss.


Lots.


Bridge spanning Multnomah Creek along Historic Columbia River Highway.


People walking under the freeway to get to the falls. I thought the reflections were cool-lookin'.

And I found out that photographers chat with each other. I got chatted to by three different other people carrying cameras that looked sorta like mine. It was funny. They wanted to know what I was taking pictures of, whether or not I'd found good angles, was the spot where I was standing a good photo op, etc. Funny. I felt awkward. I had no answers for them.

The funniest one was that I didn't want anyone to know I was going to shoot their backsides as they walked under the freeway, so while I was waiting, I pretended to take pics of the waterfall. An actual photographer walked up to me and said, "Is this a good place for a shot?" He lifted his own camera to peek through his viewfinder at this view:



"Not really," I mumbled. "There's a lot of freeway in the way."

He lowered his camera and looked at me oddly. "Yeah, there is," he replied, and kept walking. Poor guy never knew his backside would end up on my blog.


Looking east at the gorge from a viewpoint just west of Multnomah Falls.


And last but not least, my fav shot from the excursion. It was an accident. I was photographing the feeder. The hummingbird just timed his entrance with my shutter. If I'd known he was going to do that, I would have changed the shutter speed and maybe caught sight of his wings. I've been trying to get a shot of the hummingbirds on my porch for quite some time now, but I'm never quick enough. And I know there are lots of amazing hummingbird shots in the world, but this one is *my* hummingbird shot. A gift from God to me. Yay.