Thursday, December 31, 2009

Shadows

Life is full of light and shadows
Oh, the joy, and oh, the sorrow

Oh, the sorrow

And yet will He bring day from night
And yet will He bring dark to light

When shadows fall on us
We will not fear
We will remember

When darkness falls on us
We will not fear
We will remember

When all seems lost
When we're thrown and we're tossed
We'll remember the cost

We're resting in the shadow of the cross

~David Crowder

I haven't actually listened to this song yet. It's off a CD my dad and mom bought me for Christmas. Only God knew my daddy was purchasing for me the music that would bring comfort from the loss of himself.

Jeff bought me Steven Curtis Chapman's Beauty Will Rise. I haven't listened to it yet either, but I've read through the entire jacket. The raw honesty of Steven and Mary Beth's loss is so incredibly timely. Again, only God knew Jeff was buying me comfort in advance.

But that's the kind of God my loving Abba is. He sees my need beforehand, and provides for me in advance.