Friday, December 18, 2009

Not Worthy to Be Compared

Jeff went to Virginia for 11 days to help my brother recover from wrist surgery. The boys and I spent those 11 days with my parents. And thank goodness we did. I hate being away from Jeff so very much, and my mom and dad are the next best thing. They really helped me through the separation.

My dad and I and the boys drove two hours to the airport yesterday to pick Jeff up, and he is now here with us for Christmas. Yay, double yay, hallelujah, amen.

Yesterday morning, before we left for the airport, a few things happened that could have upset my emotions, and probably would have on any other day. But as I talked through those things with my mom, the reason for my ability to be even-keeled was simply explained: "I get to see my husband today, and the joy of that reunion is so consuming that absolutely nothing on earth could bring me down."

I was focused on seeing Jeff.

This is what God desires for me in every circumstance of my life. To measure it against the blessed hope -- the glorious appearing of my great God and Savior, Jesus Christ (Titus 2:13).

"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us." ~Romans 8:18