Thursday, November 12, 2009

Yahweh Yireh: Straight From Heaven

Most of the time, God lets us know who He's using as His vessel of provision in our lives. We've had the opportunity to be blessed by so many friends and loved ones, and we're overwhelmed with gratitude.

But recently, we've received some gifts straight from heaven. We seriously feel like provision is veritably lavished on us at every turn. We lack nothing. God anticipates our need before we do, just as His name, Yahweh Yireh, proclaims.

He also gives beyond my need. He gives what I love. At our last house, I loved some trees out my kitchen window that turned a brilliant shade of red in the fall. Check out what God gave me at this house:

The leaves of this tree actually tickle my house and wave cheerfully at me through the french window in our front door. Every day I'm completely enamored by their beauty.

 


God grew these gourds just for me. They were gifts from some generous friends at church. This is Jonathan's arrangement, by the way. He did all the decorating. Isn't this the most magical set of stairs you've ever seen in all your born days?

 


Mixed with all that magic, I discovered this box of produce a couple of mornings ago. Dropped right out of the sky, apparently.

 


Look at this produce! Gorgeous! Firm and fresh and crisp. And last night, we had the most scrumptious cauliflower with dinner. Yummy...

 


We know who gave us this, but we ain't tellin' ya, onaccounta we're purty dern sure they'd excommunicate us. But thanks and hugs to you-who-must-not-be-named. ;)

 


We are so thankful for this!!! Aaaaaaaand... we're pretty sure we're not supposed to figure out who gave it to us. I mean, it says "Anonymously" right there in the title of the organization.

 


The message from our friend says it all.

Keep holding on. God is faithful. And He is Yahweh Yireh, our provider and yours.