Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Learning to Fly: Selah

We weren't home much this weekend -- had a fun little date, enjoyed a delightful family sleepover at Grandma's, and then had a blast yesterday at the zoo with my world traveler brother we only see once a year. So today is my Day 7, and I'll post about it tomorrow.

In the meantime, here are two beautiful verses God sent to add to my collection from Day 5.

The first came from a sweet gal in New Zealand who saw a comment of mine on FlyLady's facebook page and sent me a very encouraging message. She shared:

“Be strong and courageous and do the work. Don’t be afraid or discouraged by the size of the task, for the Lord God is with you. He will not fail you nor forsake you.” ~1 Chronicles 28:20

The second came from my precious friend from college who prays faithfully for me even though I am deplorable about staying in touch. Thank you, Cheryl, for bringing me this joy:

"The LORD your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." ~Zephaniah 3:17

My sister put it best: "I love how full of power the words of scripture are! He'll keep you flying, Becky - just keep relying on Him!!" She also said the bottom section of my Day 5 post is the most important lesson in learning to fly. Amen! Without God, we can do nothing, but we can do all things through Christ, who gives us strength!

I leave you with a sampling of my selah.