Saturday, November 14, 2009

Learning to Fly: Day 6

Day 6. Hot spots.

"Grumble, grumble, grumble, roar."

That's how I feel about hot spots.

Especially since I continue to maintain the self-righteous mantra in my head, "We didn't start the fire... it was always burnin' since the world's been turnin'..."

So I tackled the hot spot that was at least half my stuff. Just for a slice of humble pie.


See? My purse, my rose, my pickles, my chips, my water pitcher, my dirty dishes, my notebook, my thumb tacks and masking tape. "Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded." ~Romans 3:27a

 


FlyLady said to set the timer for two minutes, so I did, and this was the result. Much better. Mostly only school stuff now, which actually belongs there, barring the occasional green sock.

 


You know that part on Aliens where Ripley finds Newt and starts washing her face? Ripley says to Newt, "Oops. I made a clean spot. Guess I'll have to do the whole thing."

Very clever, FlyLady, very clever.

I set the timer at zero and timed how long it took me to finish. Eight minutes, 11 seconds. Mostly because Jonathan's notebook exploded on Thursday, and he handed it off to me as he ran out the door to Grandma's house. So I had to do extra damage repair. But every hot spot has that kind of excuse, so just forget I said that.

Also, after I read my verses from Day 5 again, I was able to do the rest of my assigned tasks. Back on track! Thank You, Abba.