Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Learning to Fly: Day 13

Before the Five Minute Room Rescue...

 


...and after. This is coming right along. A couple more days under the bed, and we'll be done.

 


Wandered all around the house for five minutes, trying to find a hot spot to clean for two minutes. Most of my hot spots were already picked up. Took me a while to realize this space was cluttered enough to warrant attention. Realizing this reshaped my thinking.

 


And acting on it reshaped my bathroom counter. Ha! First time I've done a hot spot in under two minutes. And this was my most cluttered space today. Can you believe it?

The new task for today was to choose one of Kelly's Missions and do it. I chose the "piles of clothes in the bedroom" mission. I had four piles of sorted, clean clothes that needed to be put away, but like I said, it was a slow day today for me physically.
So I opted for the sock basket. That way I could rest cross-cross-apple-sauce on the floor and still accomplish something.

 


Kelly said to spend fifteen minutes, and this took exactly fifteen minutes.

For my fifteen minutes of decluttering, I did dishes for forty-five minutes. I'm going to keep doing dishes for my decluttering until they are implemented into my day. Gotta keep up on those dishes. And I think I'll probably do fifteen minutes of laundry a day too.

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm thankful for the grace to keep my house.