Friday, October 30, 2009

Yahweh Yireh: Just Like the Loaves and Fishes

My cousin had homeschool materials ready to lend me, but I had to drive an hour to get them, the truck was out of gas, and we were completely broke. We were also out of milk, cheese, eggs, and bread.

After someone had a conversation with Jeff, $20 came our way.

I needed $20 worth of gas to get to my cousin's house and back, but $20 would also have bought us milk, cheese, eggs, and bread. After praying about it, Jeff and I decided it would somehow, inexplicably, be okay to spend the money on gas and get the homeschool materials, and we trusted God to provide the food.

Turns out the $20 was good for gas and food. My cousin loaded me up from her well-stocked pantry. She joyfully lavished us with milk, cheese, eggs, bread, and various other food items -- much more than I would have been able to get for $20 at the store.

God took that $20 and multiplied it. He is Yahweh Yireh, our Provider.