Friday, September 25, 2009

Just Obedient

Well, I've been in a slump. Started to think seriously about deleting this blog. Felt I had nothing to offer. Not good enough to blog. That's me. Just gonna go live on Facebook full time, quit writing, and eat worms.

(Who's not good enough to blog? Anyone can blog.)

This morning, in the boys' Bible lesson, we read about Moses in The Awesome Book of Bible Facts by Sandy Silverthorne. She sums up a little conversation Moses has with God that smacked me right over the head:

"Moses told God that he wasn't a good choice to go to the pharaoh because he had a speech problem. But God didn't need someone who was perfect--just obedient."

Oh.

Right.

In other words, I've been believing lies. Of course I have nothing to offer anyone. God is the One who gives through me.

I've been focusing on my own "speech problems" and inadvertently thumbing my nose at God, really in disobedience, when it comes down to it. God didn't want Moses to be perfect, just obedient. That's what He wants from me.

So here I am, blogging about what I learned today. Again.