Saturday, May 9, 2009

Internet Access: One of the Bare Necessities

On Thursday, through an odd and surprising set of circumstances we are still puzzled about, we found our home to be without the internet access.

Uhhhhhh...

So... I guess that email I was in the middle of writing won't get sent after all...

Jonathan, you won't be able to finish your game. It seems the internet is broken at the moment... What? That's not okay with you? You were almost to the end of the game and now you're frustrated in a very five-year-old-ish kind of way?

We won't be able to do that school research after all, James. Maybe, uh... next week... we can, uh... go to the library... So... I guess we're done with school for today.

Do you have any idea, Jeff, where we can find another ISP? What? You can't look it up? Oh, right... because we'd have to go online to look it up...

Uhhhhhhh...

Hey, honey, do you know if we have anything on our schedule next Monday? Ummm... I don't know. I use Google Calendar, so...

Is that guy going to be able to meet you tomorrow morning? Oh, he was going to confirm via email? Hmmmm... Can we call him? Ah, we don't have his phone number... and we don't even own a phone book... we always look phone numbers up online...

How much money do we have in checking right now? Uhhhh... I'm not sure... we can't access our online banking...

Hey, what's your Friday blog post going to be about? Ummm... nothing. I can't access my blog...

Well, I can, can't I? Because I've written this post. Thank goodness for my favorite coffee shop that offers free wi-fi to customers.

See ya next time I get a chance to drive into town for coffee.