Monday, April 13, 2009

Meandering: Week 5

Meandering MountaineerTo learn more about the Meandering Mountaineer, click here.

The Meander Report
We did it! We hiked Multnomah Falls! So there was resting after that. And yoga. Then, I hiked around my friend's neighbor's vineyard for an hour and a half on Friday. And then there was resting after that too. In fact, a fibro attack. I got too winded on the vineyard walk. Interesting that I didn't really get super winded while hiking Multnomah Falls. I went more slowly and rested more often on the big hike. Let this be a lesson to me!

In other news, I also finished the quasi-ghost-re-write of my dad's hiking book. Very exciting. Next steps: editing (again), and layout. Three people working on it now. Me and Mom are checking for grammar, punctuation, consistency, typos, etc., and Dad is checking for content. (I haven't told him that yet. Hey, Dad. I emailed you a copy of the book last night. Will you please check it for content?)

Not bored? Check out my walking journal, The Meandering Mountaineer. Yep. All the meandering you could possibly want and more.

The Next Meander
This week I want to find the little waterfall near my house. Yes, I know I sound like a broken record. It can't be helped.

Verse of the Meander
1 Chronicles 5:20b (NIV): He answered their prayers, because they trusted in Him.

Meander Music
This week's Meander Music is "I Will Rise" performed by Chris Tomlin. The first line echoes this week's verse and speaks to the fact that God is trustworthy. And because He is, we can be at peace no matter what.

Note: you may need to visit my blog to listen to this song.

http://assets.myflashfetish.com/swf/mp3/minime.swf?myid=20655285&path=

This adventure is dedicated to the God of the Bible, who is my Strength, my Rock, my Fortress, my Strong Tower. He alone is able to give me wings like eagles and get me to the top of my tall mountain.