Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Alphabetically Acrostic

It's been a long time since I've done a meme, but I agree with my friend "Ewe" over at Day by Day, At Home, Away that this one is fun. And it's my birthday. So I'm indulging myself. And I feel the need to do something youthful. Like the ABCs.

Age: 33. Today.

Bed Size: Queen, but longing for a king.

Chore I Hate: Floors.

Dogs' Names: Casper and Rosy.

Essential Start to My Day: Bible.

Favorite Color: Red.

Gold or Silver: Silver.

Height: 5'3"

Instruments I Play: Piano.

Job Titles: Wife, mom, teacher, friend, writer.

Kids: James (7) and Jonathan (5).

Living Arrangements: 3bd/1.5ba half of parsonage, sharing space with church offices.

Mom's Name: Karolyn.

Nicknames: My real name is Rebekah, so even Becky is a nickname. Others are Beck, Bekah, Becks, Bex, Bexy, Besky, Recken-head, Rebekah-dekah, Revkchah. Am I missing any?

Overnight Hospital Stay Other than Birth: Is that being born or giving birth? None others that I know of. I almost spent the night in Baguio City in the Philippines. I was there from 8am until 11pm and slept the whole day. Does that count?

Pet Peeve: The many misuse's of apostrophe's in word's written in the text's of document's, perpetuated by the stupidity of Microsoft's' inane grammar check function.

Quote from a Movie: "You are a murderer of love!" from Dan in Real Life, and "Hi, I'm Harold Crick, her main character," from Stranger Than Fiction. Also, from the same movie, "Wait. Did you just say 'Little did he know'?"

Right- or left-handed: Left.

Siblings: Aaron, Andrea, Tony, Ben, Seth. (Siblings-by-Heart: Karen, Leigh, Ant, Kimberley, Celia, Shelly, Ken, Heather, Angi, Samantha, Ruth, Anna, Caleb, Seth, Kiersten, Mary, Greg, Titus, Matt, Katherine.)

Time I Wake Up: Between 5am and 9am.

Underwear: None of your business.

Vegetable I Dislike: I hate peas. Peas are mushy and they taste bad. They roll off my fork, which makes me mad. They roll off the table and onto the floor. They roll all over and under the door.

Why I Run Late: I underestimate the amount of time it will take to get ready.

X-Rays I've Had: Back/torso many, many times. Got a bad back. Scoliosis, etc.

Yummy Food I Make: Chocolate chip cookies.

Zoo Favorites: polar bears only when they're swimming, elephants ALL the time.