Saturday, March 14, 2009

Me Popeye, You Yogi Bear

An interview with the boys. How they see us. We polled them each separately so they wouldn't copy each other's answers.

Mom: What is something I always say to you?
James: "I love you."
Jonathan: You love me.
Mom: What is something Dad always says to you?
James: "I love you."
Jonathan: That he loves me.

Mom: What makes me happy?
James: Me.
Jonathan: Me.
Mom: What makes Dad happy?
James: Me.
Jonathan: Me.

Mom: What makes me sad?
James: Me sad.
Jonathan: Me doing bad things.
Mom: What makes Dad sad?
James: When he runs out of bungee cords.
Jonathan: Me sad.

Mom: How do I make you laugh?
James: I don't know. All kinds of ways.
Jonathan: You tickle me.
Mom: How does Dad make you laugh?
James: Uh...lotsa ways. When he tickles me.
Jonathan: He tickles me!

Mom: What was I like as a child?
James: I don't know! (chuckles)
Jonathan: Me.
Mom: What was Dad like as a child?
James: I don't know! (chuckling again, as if to say: What a preposterous question...How could I possibly know that? I wasn't there!)
Jonathan: Me.

Mom: How old am I?
James: 32.
Jonathan: Uhhh...I don't know. Ummm...25? 32 maybe?
Mom: How old is Dad?
James: Uh...33.
Jonathan: Geez! I don't know!

Mom: How tall am I?
James: I don't know.
Jonathan: You're a short grownup.
Mom: How tall is Dad?
James: I don't know.
Jonathan: Tall.

Mom: What is my favorite thing to do?
James: Hug me.
Jonathan: Hug and kiss me.
Mom: What is Dad's favorite thing to do?
James: Construction work.
Jonathan: Tickle us! And tease!

Mom: What do I do when you're not around?
James: Do what you're doing just now. (Using my laptop.)
Jonathan: Work on your computer.
Mom: What does Dad do when you're not around?
James: Play Fable, if Jon isn't on the computer.
Jonathan: Work. Maybe.

Mom: What am I good at?
James: The piano.
Jonathan: Playing the piano.
Mom: What is Dad good at?
James: Fable.
Jonathan: Fixing and building.

Mom: What am I not very good at?
James: Cooking.
Jonathan: Playing the violin. (I've never tried.)
Mom: What is Dad not very good at?
James: Connecting things without bungee cords.
Jonathan: Juggling.

Mom: What do I do for a job?
James: Be my mom.
Jonathan: Work on your computer.
Mom: What does Dad do for a job?
James: He fixes houses.
Jonathan: Work at the church.

Mom: What is my favorite food?
James: English muffins with sausage patties in them.
Jonathan: I don't know.
Mom: What is Dad's favorite food?
James: Coffee.
Jonathan: He always eats different things.

Mom: What makes you proud of me?
James: Everything.
Jonathan: When we're together, and when you don't kiss me on the mouth. That's impordant, right? And why is it impordant?
Mom: What makes you proud of Dad?
James: I'm just...proud of him.
Jonathan: If he doesn't tease us and tickle us.

Mom: If I were a cartoon character, who would I be?
James: You're nothing like a cartoon character!
Jonathan: Popeye.
Mom: If Dad were a cartoon character, who would he be?
James: No one. He wouldn't be a cartoon character. Same as you, Mom.
Jonathan: Yogi Bear.

Mom: What do you and me do together?
James: Batgirl's Quest
Jonathan: Play mostly, and hug and kiss.
Mom: What do you and Dad do together.
James: We find canisters together. (On Lego video games.)
Jonathan: Play, wrestle.

Mom: How are you and me the same?
James: We're not. Everyone's different. We both hate peas.
Jonathan: No. Everyone's different. We have the same skin color.
Mom: How are you and Dad the same?
James: We both like rock music.
Jonathan: We're part Irish. (This cracks me up. I'm WAY more Irish than Jeff is. The boys get most of their Irish blood from me, not Dad.)

Mom: How are you and me different?
James: I'm male, you're female.
Jonathan: Our hair color.
Mom: How are you and Dad different?
James: I like animals, and he likes work.
Jonathan: Our skin color. Mine is light and Dad's is brown.

Mom: How do you know I love you?
James: I just know.
Jonathan: You always say that every day!
Mom: How do you know Dad loves you?
James: I just know.
Jonathan: He says that every night and every day! And after every spankin'!

Mom: What do I like most about your dad?
James: He's your husband.
Jonathan: He loves you.
Mom: What does Dad like most about me?
James: That you're his wife.
Jonathan: You love him.