Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Sharing My Pain

Last night, I trembled. No reason, really. It was hormone-induced. I was able to get to sleep around 1:30am, and I slept all night and didn't wake up until 8:45am. Thanks be to God.


When I awoke this morning, my body felt numb for a tiny moment. And then it came. Pain. Familiar, discouraging.


Mentally, I began to rethink my morning plans. Cleaning the boys' room would have to be replaced by...what?


But I'm moving so slowly today that I didn't have to figure out what would fill my morning. I didn't even make it through my devotions until lunchtime. And the afternoon, of course, is decided for me. Homeschool.


I thought of a friend in greater pain, a pain of the soul, and God put in my heart some verses to share with her.


As I read through the verses, God whispered their comfort to me as well. It applied to us both. As I shared my friend's pain, God was sharing my pain. I love the way God's plan often kills two birds with one stone. (Not that God is a bird killer...)


"She who refreshes others will herself be refreshed."
~Proverbs 11:25b