Over at Something Good, the assignment this week is to respond to this meme:
The meme asks its participants to list five things they love about their husbands. This is a great way to focus on what's good about your marriage. I hope you consider joining in.
So here are five of the many reasons I love Jeff:
1) Because he loves me. Now, I'm not talking codependence here. I'm talking about Jeff being a picture of Christ. Jeff's incredible example of true love for me has taught me how to love him. And that's how it is between us and God. "We love because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
2) We were actually discussing yesterday why we are so
3) He sees The Big Picture of Becky. When he looks at me, he doesn't see what I see when I look at myself. I mostly see where I came from, and every once in a blue moon, I get a glimpse of where I'm at. But Jeff not only understands where I came from, and he not only has a crystal clear picture of where I'm at, but he also looks into my life and sees the woman I am becoming. He believes in me. This is another quality of Jeff that has shown me what God is like. "The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7b
4) He is always honest with me. He doesn't sugar coat things or say what he thinks I want to hear just to avoid conflict. He trusts me enough to tell me the truth, even if he knows crankiness will ensue. I'm sure he's also discovered that I am so totally enamored with his honesty that it keeps me from getting cranky about what he said. But if conflict does arise, then we just work it through, and we're always closer when it's over. We both infinitely prefer this to convenient little white lies, because even little white lies cause giant black divisions between two who have become one.
5) He is faithful to me, and totally commited to sexual purity. He knows the hollow emptiness that the broken cistern of impurity brings, and he turns diligently from it every single day. He does not look at porn, he looks quickly away from scantily-clad women, he avoids all forms of tempting media, he waits for me to bring him pleasure, he practices being satisfied with the wife of his youth, and he trains his thoughts to focus on my face and form when they could so easily focus elsewhere. His commitment to purity makes him, by far, the strongest man I know. But make no mistake: it is God who gives Jeff this strength. And Jeff knows it. He will be the first to tell you that all the glory for victory in this area of his life belongs to God and God alone. And this declaration of his is another reason I love my hubby.
Visit Something Good and follow the Mr. Linky links to see why other gals love their hubbies. And you *know* I'd love for you to share what makes your man special too.