Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Balancing Act

Our Wii Fit has this game called Balance Bubble. You stand on the Wii Fit balance board and sway back and forth, and the little Mii in the little bubble goes down this river, trying not to hit the sides or any bees. If you hit either, your bubble pops and you have to start over.

I found a 48-second video of it. Watch this:



When I first began playing this game, my strategy was to watch the sides and try to stear clear of them. You can see that the guy in the video has the same strategy.

After about 25 failed attempts to reach the end of the course, I changed my strategy. Rather than trying to stay *away* from the sides, I started trying to stay *in* the middle. Instead of focusing on the opposing river banks, I focused on the very center of the river, and tried to keep my Mii bubble there.

The result?

Because of my proactive approach, I traversed the river much more quickly and smoothly, and I was able to reach the end of the course within the next few tries. Now, by focusing on the center of the river, I almost always reach the finish line, and my new goal is simply to improve my time. (I still haven't quite beat Jeff's fastest time yet!)

Ready for the metaphor?

Rather than focusing on staying away from sin,
focus on staying close to Christ.

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

~Hebrews 12:2


Photobucket