Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Wii Are Getting Fiit

Something Good button


Two weeks ago, after a year of our hopeful sons diligently saving all their pennies, we finally got them this:


as a combined birthday present. (We let them keep their pennies.)

A week later, Jeff got me this:


with his own hard-earned pennies.

This matters very much to me because of my friend, the enemy (aka fibro). Exercise is painful for fibro patients, and the ensuing exhaustion can last for the rest of the day. So it's not at the top of my priority list.

However, for the price of two months of a gym membership, I now have a lifelong virtual personal trainer who keeps track of my progress, goes my pace, and pushes me to push myself. We do yoga, balance games, aerobics, and strength training. So far, the balance games are my favorite. They trick me into exercising, and I'm having the most exercising fun I've ever had in all my born days. Times a billion.

Plus, I am providing my three men with endless fits of glee as they watch me attempt to master this pose:


My muscles are sore. My heart is thankful for my husband's support.

Photobucket