Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Happy Star Wars Day

So James's birthday is coming right up. He wants a Star Wars party.

Today, I went online to find Star Wars pics to download.

Now, Jeff and I like Star Wars. The boys like it, too (obviously).

But we have proven our Star Wars ineptitude by being totally unaware of this site:

The Star Wars Wiki

Yes, that's right. It's Wookieepedia.

As James and I sat downloading galaxy maps and planetary systems, we came to Dagobah. I began singing softly, "I met him in a swamp down in Dagobah, where it bubbles all the time like a giant carbonated soda. S-O-D-A, soda. I saw the little runt sitting there on a log. I asked him his name and in a raspy voice, he said, 'Yoda. Y-O-D-A, Yoda...'"

James blurted, "What?!? There's a song about Yoda?"

I grinned, "Oh, yes. Definitely. Here. Let's see if we can find it."

To YouTube we went, where we spent the next hour enjoying various and sundry videos, a few of which we'd now like to share with you, so you can share Star Wars Day with us.







From our house to yours, we wish you a very happy Star Wars Day.

Photobucket