Saturday, August 9, 2008

Blessed to Receive, Blessed to Give

The Smile Award

I was honored with this award by my friend Christina over at Kwisteena's Kwaziness. I felt so humbled to receive the Smile Award from Christina because *she* so often makes *me* smile! Thanks, Christina :)


The Smile Award Rules:

1. You must link back to the award's creator.
2. Post these rules.
3. Choose 5 people to pass this award along to.
4. Fit the award recipient characteristics posted by the award's creator.
5. Post the recipient characteristics.
6. Create a post sharing your win with others.
7. Thank your giver.

The Smile Award Recipient Characteristics:

1. Must be known for a cheerful attitude
2. Must love one another
3. Must make mistakes
4. Must learn from others
5. Must be a positive contributor to blog world
6. Must love life
7. Must love kids

The award says to choose five friends, but I'm breaking the rules and choosing six. I lovingly bestow this award on the following qualified recipients:

1. Darcy at tonka trucks and tutus
2. Kiersten at The Rodriquez Review
3. Marie at Meek Musings
4. Holly at JOLLYCUBED
5. Amy at everyone needs a lil' Grace in their lives
6. FallFleur at Whose Plan...

Thank you, my friends, for bringing smiles to me! :)

The Arte Y Pico Award

My new friend Marie over at Meek Musings gave me this award for Something Good.


Something Good is my blog in praise of husbands - something our society is thirsty for, not to mention our husbands. :) I'd love for you to check out Something Good if you haven't already.

Something Good button

The Arte Y Pico Award is given to those who inspire others with their creative energy and talents in writing, artwork, design or contributions to the blogging community. Arte Y Pico, loosely translated, means, “Wow. The Best Art. Over the top.”

Thanks, Marie, for finding Something Good to be 'over the top'! I'm excited to share with you a passion for marriage.

The Arte Y Pico Award Rules:

1. Pick five blogs you consider deserving of this award, whether for creativity, design, interesting material, or contributions to the blogging community, no matter what language.
2. Name each nominee and link to his/her blog.
3. Show the award and link back to your giver.
4. Link to the Arte y Pico blog.
5. Post these rules.

Five of my 'over the top' artistic blogging buddies are:

1. Celia at The Brambly Bookwood
2. Kimberley at my little corner
3. Michelle at In the Life of a Child
4. Liz at My Ice Cream Diary
5. DellaRose at A Fair Haven

Thank you, my friends, for filling my life with art and culture. :)

Photobucket