Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happy Birthday, Grandma!

Today my grandma turns 86. So I'm just taking a minute to wish her a happy birthday.

Her first name is my middle name, and my parents couldn't have known it at the time, but they named me very aptly. Grandma and I are alike in very many ways.

We look alike! I look more like her than I do either of my parents. We both love genealogy. We both love to journal. We both love to read and we love the same books. We both love crossword puzzles. We are both the younger of two daughters. We have the same basic routine. We have the same sense of humor. We keep house the same way. We make the same facial expressions for the same emotions. We are very similar in personality. We both have the same ornery streak.

One of the memories I cherish most about my grandma was when she was baptized, just a few years ago. She's been a Christian for many years, but she'd never been baptized, and she wanted to do so in obedience to Christ. So we all went to Idaho one summer to visit my parents, and Grandma requested that my dad (a pastor) baptize her, and she requested that I assist.





I felt so honored to be part of her beautiful testimony. I am thankful every day for the faith of my family and the example it is to me and my children. Grandma's faith honors God. Today, I honor Grandma.



Happy birthday, Grandma! I love you!