Monday, April 14, 2008

Man of Prayer

I spent most of the last two weeks dealing with a couple of prolonged anxiety attacks, which I'm so bored of talking about. But Jeff's ministry to me in the midst of it all is worth sharing.

On the very first night of my struggle, after three or four hours of shaking uncontrollably, the first glimmer of peace to enter my soul came from the praying lips of my husband.

He's so calm and strong and steady. When he prays for me, all is suddenly right with the world, no matter what is going on.

Second only to Abba Almighty, Jeff has been the sustaining force these past two weeks, by his actions, by his gentleness, by his encouraging me to rest without guilt...but most of all, by his spoken prayers on my behalf.

This was written in response to the Something Good prompt Prayer Warrior. Click the button below to learn more about or contribute to Something Good.

Something Good button