Wednesday, February 27, 2008

It's a good time... for the great taste... of McDonald's.

I left the house in a big hurry this morning and forgot to eat breakfast. When I went through the McDonald's drive-thru to remedy that problem, the lady accidentally charged me for the car ahead of me. It was less than what I owed. They said not to worry about it. So I got my breakfast at a discount.

We had to go to the bank today after picking up James from kindergarten, and we had to pass a different McDonald's to get to the bank, so I treated the boys to happy meals for lunch.

Get this. They charged my meal to the car in front of me. The guy was talking on his cell phone, didn't notice that the amount was wrong, they tried to alert him to refund him, he waved them off, he drove away.

So they charged me for his meal instead. It was less than HALF of what I owed them.

For whatever reason, I've never been charged the wrong amount at McDonald's before. What are the odds of it happening twice in one day? At different sites? Makes me think we should go out for dinner...