Saturday, January 19, 2008

Mensa, Anyone?

Jeff and I are smart. We are geniuses. Okay, I'm a genius and he's whatever is the next level above genius. Or maybe two levels above. No, seriously. My IQ is 144 and his is 165.

Please don't think I'm bragging. My IQ is not my fault. God doesn't even really speak very highly of intelligence in the Bible. He used the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, but I don't want to get into it. Suffice it to say my IQ is 144 just like my hair is brown and my eyes are hazel. And I don't want to get into the whole brown hair vs. black hair thing either. I know you think it's black. But it's not. It's brown.

But I digress.

So. I'm smart. And Jeff is really smart. Therefore, we were understanbly floored by the following conversation we had with our kindergartener this morning as I signed him up online to become a member of Lego Club.

Mom: What do you want your nickname to be?

James: [shrug]

Mom: How about jedijames?

James: Yes.

Mom: Looks like jedijames is already taken. What's your favorite number? We can add a number to the end of jedijames.

James: 1681!

Dad: 283!

Mom: Yeah! How about the number on the back of your school pickup card? Remember how it says 17 on the front and 283 on the back because you liked that number?

Dad: That's a SECRET number!

James: [patiently] But Mom, I like the Dodo, so I chose the year it became extinct.

Mom/Dad: [stunned, speechless, dumbfounded silence]

Lego Club, meet jedijames1681.

Mom and Dad, meet your match.