Saturday, November 24, 2007

thirty-one moves and counting...

The Frames are moving from here...

...to here.

Or to put it another way, we are moving from here (near the football field)...

...to here (near the farm field).

Or here's another perspective. We are moving from here (the city)...

...to here (the country).


I shall now share with you my big fat plan.
  • Call carpet install guy to have him measure new house floors.
  • Order and schedule carpet installation.
  • Catch up on laundry.
  • Straighten old house from top to bottom.
  • Pack kitchen/dining room in old house.
  • Take possession of new house on December 1.
  • Unpack kitchen/dining room in new house.
  • Paint living room accent wall of new house "cherry cobbler" red.
  • Pack, move and unpack bathroom.
  • Pack, move and unpack remainder of items which belong in uncarpeted areas of new house.
  • Pack (but don't move) remainder of old house.
  • Carpet installation.
  • Moving Day (move carpet-area furniture and remainder of boxes).
  • Get Christmas tree.
  • Decorate for Christmas.
  • Unpack new house completely before Christmas.
  • Christmas.
  • Rest.
  • Happy New Year!

What? What's that? You think I'm crazy? Well. This is my 31st move. So you're right. If that's not crazy, I don't know what is. However, being an experienced mover, I actually think my goals are feasible. Nevertheless, my intended plans quickly made the carpet salesmen's eyes glazed over as they both made valiant, yet failed, attempts to pull straight, polite faces. But I work best with a deadline. I'm not worried.

Next question: why are we moving? Okay, maybe that was your first question. I'd like to take a moment to congratulate my amazing husband, the new Facilities Manager of Laurel Church!

That's like an onsite caretaker. He gets to coordinate lots of stuff and people. And he gets to fix things and set up chairs and clean toilets and mow big lawns and keep grounds and lock doors and unlock doors and make himself available to help meet the church facilities needs of the congregation and the community.

Please pray for us this season! We're busy.