Monday, August 6, 2007

To Make It Unfold

What was said to the rose
To make it unfold
Was said to me
Here in my chest
So be quiet now
And rest

Jeff was stumped by this post. So I'll explain. First of all, this is another David Crowder lyric. So Crowder's interpretation could be completely different than mine. But what it means to me is this. What was said to the rose to make it unfold was, "Live." And it was said by Almighty God. God breathed life into the rose and He breathed life into me. My life is God-breathed. My life was purposed into existence by God. He chose to give me life. So I can be quiet now and rest because just as God had a purpose on the day He breathed life into me, He has a purpose for this day, this week, this time of my life. He chose me. He doesn't need me, but He wants me.

"The King is enthralled by your beauty. Honor Him, for He is your Lord." Psalm 45:11