Friday, August 3, 2007

Baska-spacky


James bounded into my room and woke me up out of a dead sleep this morning. The following conversation ensued.

James: Mom, what word has the most letters in it?
Mom (feeling groggily educational): Antidisestablishmentarianism.
James: No, Mom. It's a joke.
Mom: Oh. (pause, rusty mental gearshift) What?
James: You say 'I don't know'.
Mom: No, you don't have to say 'I don't know'. You can say 'What'.
James: MAILBOX!


Last night, James wanted to go to lego.com to look something up, but he doesn't know how to get to websites by himself yet. He typed in what he thought would be the right address, and it didn't work but sent him to Google instead, so he came to me and said, "Well, I think I need some help. Do I need to baska-spacky?"

After several moments of confused mental floundering, I finally caught on. "You mean backspace?" Get it? Because C makes two sounds.


"LOOK, MOM!! WE'RE A T!!"