Wednesday, May 16, 2007

It Falled Off Your Head!

This morning, Jonathan sat cuddling on Jeff's lap, his head leaning against Daddy's tank-top clad chest. Suddenly Jonathan gasped and popped his head up, exclaiming, "Dad! You have hair! On you chest!"
Jeff and I smiled. "Yep, I have hair on my chest," replied Daddy. "When I was a little boy, my Mommy and Daddy told me that eating vegetables would put hair on my chest."
Jonathan pulled up his shirt to reveal his smooth, round three-year-old pot belly. "No hair on my chest."
Daddy asked, "Would you like to have hair on your chest like Daddy?"
"No," said Jonathan too quickly.
"Why not?" asked Daddy.
"It come falled off your head!" said Jonathan, peering at his dad's bald spot.
"It fell off my head?" chuckled Daddy. "Where did it go?"
"Here, and here, and here..." said Jonathan as he touched Daddy's chest, shoulder, forearm. Then Jonathan covered his own head with both of his hands and continued, eyes wide, "I want my hair stayed on my head!"
Jeff grimmaced at me across the table and said with a twinkle in his eye, "You can publishi this if you want to."

I want to.