Sunday, December 10, 2006

Snakes and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails

That's what little boys are made of.

Jay and Jonathan spend about a third of their TV time upside down. They bend halfway over and run head first at the couch. Then they use their heads like the tips of pole vaults to propel themselves up and over. And they just sit there like that, watching TV. Perfectly comfortable.


On Friday, Jay asked Jeff what he did all day. Jeff told Jay about the various things he had done on the job that day, like measuring, taking out a broken window and putting in a new one, hammering, sawing, etc. Jay said, "It sounds to me like you're a repairman."
Jeff said, "Yep, I'm a repairman."
Then Jay had to go to bed, and he tried to play a CD, but it wouldn't work. He trundled back to Daddy and said, "The CD player seems to be broken. I think I need a repairman to come and fix it for me." After Jeff walked into the room and pushed play, Jay beamed, "Now THAT'S what I call repairing! Thanks, Dad!"

Did I mention that Jonathan is a singer? He sings what others would normally speak. Frequent musical expositions from Jonathan include the following:
"I'm upside down..."
"This is my sad song..."
"My balloons are down...not up in the air anymore..."
"I'm running and jumping..."
"I'm a boy..."
"I'm a giraffe...[zebra, bear, tiger, etc.]"
"It's time for food..."
"Please, Mom, may I have a banana and yogurt..."
"You're welcome..."
"I'm singing..."
And so forth. The tune is simple. Start on a given note, and halfway through the phrase, go down a major third.